The Metro program can readily be disseminated and brought to scale:
- Most of the program is based in required courses that are already covered by general funds
- Metro’s goals are in line with local, CSU-wide and national campaigns, to cut in half by 2016 the gaps in college going and college completion that separate and African American, Latino, and Native American students from white and Asian American students, and low-income from more affluent students
- Metro reduces the inefficiency of students taking the wrong courses or taking courses over and over, or churning
- The Cal State University Chancellor and Board of Trustees adopted Metro as one of six statewide priorities for the CSU system.
- We are currently developing an extensive web-based Toolkit for dissemination partners.
Persistence into fifth semester
The Metro Academy of Health at SF State is our most mature program. Metro helps students build momentum because 100% of core classes satisfy graduation requirements for associate's and bachelor's degrees—regardless of whether classes are taken at a community college or university. Metro puts students on a clear, fast track to graduation and success.