Metro Academies was developed to support the next generation of leaders in urban communities. Each Metro Academy is a ‘school within a school’ to give you an educational home in your first two years of college. Metro gives you personalized support for college success through in-class academic support and tutoring. At the core of Metro is a learning community made up of two linked courses each semester, usually for four semesters.
Benefits of the Metro program:
- A learning community of students with similar interests work together during the first two years of college, getting the classes you need to progress quickly
- A clear, fast track to graduation—all Metro classes satisfy graduation requirements in general education for all 241 majors in the Cal State University system
- Instructors who are passionate about community health teach interesting classes that are relevant to real life
- One on one support from a dedicated academic advisor
- Strong academic preparation using proven learning strategies –learn to write and speak with confidence and power, and to think critically about the big questions
- Learn about ways to give back to your community and make a difference in the world.